What if we told you that cold calls aren’t essential to effectively follow-up with leads? What if you could just leave a custom, automated lead follow-up voicemail? You’ll save a lot of time and it’s really easy too.
With Agent Legend, you can create customized voicemails for your leads. These are individualized and delivered directly to your lead’s phone without a call. You only have to record them once, though you can update them whenever you would like. Best of all, we can walk you through the entire process from outlining what you want to say, recording the voicemail, and some extra best practice tips for good measure.
How to Structure a Lead Follow-Up Voicemail
Within the Agent Legend client system, we have a script you can follow to make the process fast and easy. But we still recommend customizing this to fit your style and the specific leads you are targeting. Our system also tracks these follow-ups for you with a specialized phone number and recording ID to keep things organized.
When you are recording your own voicemail, this is the general structure to follow:
- Say hello, but don’t state your name or phone number
- State the reason you are calling. Make it specific to the lead or campaign you are following up with. Something like: “I see you are looking at houses in the Phoenix area,”
- Offer your help, don’t try to make a sales pitch. Add to the previous phrase, something along the lines of: “As an agent in the area, I’d be happy to help you with your search.”
- Close with the offer to talk more if they are interested: “If you are still looking, I’d love to talk more. This is the best number to reach me at.”
- Sign off with a thank you and goodbye.
Recording Your Voicemail
If you are leaving a voicemail on your own, you just leave it as usual at the end of a phone call if no one answers. If you want to skip the cold call entirely, you can use the Agent Legend campaign system to simple leave a voicemail without the call. There will be prompts, but this is the general guide to follow when you are recording a lead follow-up voicemail within the Agent Legend system:
- Call the phone number listed for the specific voicemail followup you’d like to record
- Enter recording ID then press #
- Record the voicemail and press any key when finished
- Press 1 to use the recorded message or any other key to record it again
- An automated voice will confirm the message has been saved – then you are done!
Lead Follow-Up Best Practices for Voicemails
- Do not leave your name or call back number in the voicemail directly. Saying something like, “This is a good number to reach me at” or “Please give me a call back” is preferable.
- Keep the voicemail short and concise: 20 – 30 seconds is recommended.
- Slow down as you speak and use your normal tone of voice. Practice once or twice to be sure.
- Leave voicemails towards the end of the day.
Campaigns with Agent Legend allow you to record these voicemails and send them automatically. You can even schedule follow-up emails and text messages in relation to a voicemail within a custom campaign that is targeted towards specific lead types. Ultimately this is the best way to have more conversations. More conversations means more closed deals.
More Learning Resources from Agent Legend:
4 Times You Should Always Follow Up With Leads
4 Times You Should Always Follow-Up with Leads
You want to follow-up with leads appropriately if you want to get a response. These are 4 times you don't have to question it. Just follow-up.
How to Write the Perfect Lead Follow-Up Text Message
How to Write a Perfect Lead Follow-Up Text Message
A step-by-step guide to following up with leads via text.
Make More Sales with Authentic Communication
How Authentic Communication Will Help You Make More Sales
Good communication and more conversations will lead to more business. Learn more about keeping your outreach to leads authentic and specific.
Purchasing leads is a great way to get started in this business. Especially when you are brand new in real estate and you have already connected with all of your…
Are you a seasoned real estate warrior, you’ve plateaued, and need a boost to take your business to new heights? Or are you experiencing initial overwhelm as a new agent?…
There has never been an easier time for potential buyers and sellers to find the information they want. On the flip side, there has never been as much misinformation and…